chrisEvw
chrisEvw, VW Technician
Experience:  my name is chris i have been working for VW for 9 years. I have a strong backround in heavy diagnostics.
56642650

2002 Volkswagen jetta: with automatic tiptronic transmission..shift

Customer Question

This is a 2002 Volkswagen jetta engine 1.8 with automatic tiptronic transmission. I am having trouble with the first, second, and third shift. The transmission is a 09A. Since the solenoids all have different part number on the valve body, can you give me the complete information on all the solenoids in order to know which ones I am going to purchase to change them out. Can you include the reverse and overdrive I would need the detailed information on them. If you can provide a diagram that would be great . Thank you.
Category: VW
Expert:  chrisEvw replied 4 years ago.

chrisEvw :

hello and thank you for contacting just answers.

chrisEvw :

how many miles do you have on your vehicle.

JACUSTOMER-tpalcb4o- : 120,000 miles
chrisEvw :

oh ok. vw had a warranty extension on the valve bodys but only to 100,000 miles.

chrisEvw :

Im going to look up as much info as i can please give me a few min

chrisEvw :

N88 - Solenoid Valve 1N89 - Solenoid Valve 2N90 - Solenoid Valve 3N91 - Solenoid Valve 4N92 - Solenoid Valve 5N93 - Solenoid Valve 6N281 - Solenoid Valve 8N282 - Solenoid Valve 9N283 - Solenoid Valve 10

chrisEvw :

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-tpalcb4o- : Ok thank you can you now explain which is for each shift and reverse
JACUSTOMER-tpalcb4o- : Ok thank you can you now explain which shift is each and the reverse too
chrisEvw :

i'm still looking for that vw dosn't give great info on this

JACUSTOMER-tpalcb4o- : Thank you can you now explain which solenoid is which and the reverse too
chrisEvw :

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-tpalcb4o- : Thank you can you now explain which solenoid is for each shift and reverse
chrisEvw :

hope this helps

chrisEvw :

Full Size Image

chrisEvw :

I hope that my help has been satisfactory, If so please remember to hit green accept button and remember all feedback is welcome and appreciated. ACCEPTING IS HOW WE GET COMPENSATED FOR sharing our time and experience with you. (bonuses are greatly appreciated). I strive for 100% satisfaction. If unsure or unhappy with my answer please feel free to contact me through this question or at http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chris-e-vw/ Thank you for contacting Just answers. Enjoy the rest of your day.

chrisEvw :