chrisEvw
chrisEvw, VW Technician
Experience:  my name is chris i have been working for VW for 9 years. I have a strong backround in heavy diagnostics.
56642650

2006 vw jetta GLI: door panel..locks..trunk..the instrument panel it

2006 vw jetta GLI 110k miles driver side door lost all power suddenly. All switch lights in door panel are gone, window controls and locks do not work, even the trunk and gas lid open switch does not work. On the instrument panel it shows door is open when it is closed properly. Dome light stays on. Keyless entry does not work to open locks. Keyless opens trunk only. Door has to be locked or opened with key manually. Also, car is low on gas, how do I open the gas lid without the door panel switch? No MIL or CEL.
all fuses checked and wiring harness to door appears firm.

chrisEvw :

hello and thank you for contacting just answers

chrisEvw :

the most likely cause which is pretty common is that the door harness has broken wires.

chrisEvw :

you need to pull back the rubber loom that is in between the body and door and check for broken wires

chrisEvw :

If there are broken wire then the best fix is to replace the harness but you could try and repair them. the only thing is the repair will probably not last long due to the constant flexing in this area

chrisEvw :

Full Size Image

chrisEvw :

As far as replacement this is also difficult because on the 06 access to the harness requires removing the inner door panel and outer door skin.

chrisEvw :

Full Size Image

chrisEvw :

this picture is with out the outer door panel

chrisEvw :

If you would like to open your gas door before you get a chance to check and repair the wiring you can pull back the right side trunk trim panel. you don't have to fully remove it just enough to get your hand in there. Then you can get access to the fuel door actuator and pull the cable to release the door.

chrisEvw :

Full Size Image

chrisEvw :

I hope that my help has been satisfactory, If so please remember to hit green accept button and remember all feedback is welcome and appreciated. ACCEPTING IS HOW WE GET COMPENSATED FOR sharing our time and experience with you. (bonuses are greatly appreciated). I strive for 100% satisfaction. If unsure or unhappy with my answer please feel free to contact me through this question or at http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chris-e-vw/ Thank you for contacting Just answers. Enjoy the rest of your day.