chrisEvw
chrisEvw, VW Technician
Experience:  my name is chris i have been working for VW for 9 years. I have a strong backround in heavy diagnostics.
56642650

Volkswagen 2007: vw passat 2007 - check engine light on. Multiple

vw passat 2007 - check engine light on. Multiple codes. P0171 P0507 P0300 P0301 thru 304
Car starts and runs. However, the rpm jumps from 750 to over 1500 at random times when in idle. Engine sounds rough as well even when rmp normal. Is this caused by a faulty PCV and/ or Intake Manifold Runner Control Motor? Will the recent recall/ warranty extension fix this issue?
Category: VW
Expert:  chrisEvw replied 5 years ago.

chrisEvw :

hello and thank you for contacting just answers.

chrisEvw :

the fault you have are pretty common.

chrisEvw :

You most likely have a bad breather valve. The breather valve has a one way valve that fails and causes air to leak into the crank case.

chrisEvw :

the valve is located under the engine cover. attached the the valve cover.

chrisEvw :

disconnect the hose that goes to the hose where the arrow points in the picture from the intake. Then try and breath through the valve It should only go one way if it goes both ways the its faulty. If your going to replace it your self make sure to remove the valve and bring it with you to the dealer because there are two part # XXXXX if you get the wrong one nothing will change.

chrisEvw :

Full Size Image

chrisEvw :

I hope that my help has been satisfactory, If so please remember to hit green accept button and remember all feedback is welcome and appreciated. ACCEPTING IS HOW WE GET COMPENSATED FOR sharing our time and experience with you. (bonuses are greatly appreciated). I strive for 100% satisfaction. If unsure or unhappy with my answer please feel free to contact me through this question or at http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chris-e-vw/ Thank you for contacting Just answers. Enjoy the rest of your day.