Neal
Neal, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Shop owner and experienced in most brands.
17294534

Volkswagen Beetle 2000 VW beetle 2.0 -need the layout of fuses

2000 VW beetle 2.0 -need the layout of fuses I am not able to get odbcII reader to work
Category: VW
Expert:  Neal replied 2 years ago.

Here you go

Fuse Arrangement in Fuse Panel

Fuse colors
30 A - green
25 A - white
20 A - yellow
15 A - blue
10 A - red
7,5 A- brown
5 A - beige
3 A - violet

Fuse arrangement in fuse panel, behind instrument cluster, left

graphic

Fuses from S24 to S44 are identified with additional prefix 2, in wiring diagram.

Example: Fuse S40 on fuse panel is listed as S240 in wiring diagram.

Fuses:

1 - Heated washer nozzles, heated outside mirrors 10A
2 - Turn signal system 10A
3 - Illumination 5A
4 - License plate light 5A
5 - Comfort system 7.5A
6 - Central locking system 5A
7 - Back-up lights 10A
8 - Telephone system 5A
9 - ABS 5A
10 - Engine control, gasoline 10A
11 - Instrument cluster, shift lock 5A
12 - B+ (battery positive voltage) for DLC 7.5A
13 - Brake lights 10A
14 - Interior lights, with central locking 10A
- Interior lights, only 5A
15 - Instrument cluster, automatic transmission 5A
16 - A/C-clutch, electrical water pump 10A
17 - Door lock heater 7.5A
18 - Right headlight, high beam 10A
19 - Left headlight, high beam 10A
20 - Right headlight, low beam 15A
21 - Left headlight, low beam 15A
22 - Sidemarker lights, right 5A
23 - Sidemarker lights, left 5A
24 - Wiper system, washer pump 20A
25 - Fresh air blower, air conditioning 25A
26 - Rear window defogger 25A
27 - Daytime running lights 10A
28 - Fuel pump (FP) 15A
29 - Engine control, gasoline 15A
- Engine control, diesel 10A
30 - Sunroof 20A
31 - Automatic transmission 20A
32 - Engine control, injectors, gasoline 10A
- Engine control, injectors, diesel 15A
33 - Headlight washer system 20A
34 - Engine control 10A
35 - Trailer socket 30A
36 - Fog lights 15A
37 - Radio system 10A
38 - Luggage compartment light, central locking system 15A
39 - Emergency flasher system 15A
40 - Dual horn 20A
41 - Cigarette lighter, 12V power outlets 15A
42 - Radio system 25A
43 - Engine control 10A
44 - Heated seats 15A

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not able to get my odbcII reader to work when I plug in the reader no reading

Expert:  Neal replied 2 years ago.

#16 on the connector is the power for the scanner, see if there is power there.

graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what if there is no power -I know the reader works I put it in my pickup truck and works

Expert:  Neal replied 2 years ago.
If there is no power there you need to trace the wire as it may be cut or damaged, sometimes it happens when aftermarket components are installed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

where does the power come from ecm or fuse panel the reason why I have a check engine on

the other thing is every time I start engine the dual fans start running and low and high speed when I shut off engine then the fans run at low speed is there a sensor or fuse for that

Expert:  Neal replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure on that one, I think it comes from the ecm, cannot determine from the diagrams. Vw diagrams are not the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what about the fans
Expert:  Neal replied 2 years ago.
What about them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when I start engine the fans start running low and high speed and when I shut off engine the fans run for a while is that normal
Expert:  Neal replied 2 years ago.
Ok, you didn't mention that before. So besides the fans, the check engine light and the lack of communication with the ecm, is it doing anything else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no

Expert:  Neal replied 2 years ago.
This may be a problem with the ecm if all of this started at once. It is going to be best to go to the dealer for a diagnostic.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not all of this started at once -the check engine light started a while ago the reader pointed to fresh air fan ,but the transmission broke and was sitting for about a year started fixing it up again replaced transmission and started looking at the other things wrong replaced fresh air fan went to check reader no juice to reader looked at the dual fans they were broke replaced them but runs all the time when engine is running and when it turns off runs at low speed ( is that normal) trying to put back on road ,a/c doesn't work could be freon ( not worried about that for now ) but the fuses where all messed up not right size in some places that I could figure out that why I needed layout

replaced all the brakes and rotors ,timing belt water pump and so on

Expert:  Neal replied 2 years ago.
Try going through all your grounds and connections. Remove the grounds and clean them and use dielectric grease on connections, sitting like that is not good for them. You might get lucky and avoid the dealer.
Neal, VW Mechanic
Experience: Shop owner and experienced in most brands.