VWDoc
VWDoc, Independent VW Shop owner
Experience:  20 years of experience working with VW's. Independent European shop owner and technician.
14582033

Only one code P0304 on Jetta 1.8T wolfsburg

VWDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

VWDoc :

that means you have an ignition misfire in cylinder #4

VWDoc :

there is a factory recall on the ignition coils, which will likely take care of this problem

VWDoc :

you will need to call your local dealer with your VIN and schedule an appointment, and they will replace all 4 ignition coils at no cost

VWDoc :

I also recommend not driving this car for more than 5-10 miles, as the unburned fuel could potentially harm your catalytic converter

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I checked on the recall and see a Technical Service Bulletin about ignition coils. Does this mean I will have to pay or manufacturer will pay? Can I fix this myself it not covered by manufacturer and if so how?
Depending if you have the AWW or AWD engine code, the coils will be covered under recall at no charge. If you remove the upper black engine cover, and the coils are bolted down, they're not covered. If they just push in, they're covered.

However, call the dealer with your VIN to be sure. If not covered, buy one new coil from a dealer (do not, under any circumstances use aftermarket), and replace it.