VW Tech 1
VW Tech 1, VW Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, Master VW Factory Tech

Volkswagen Golf GTI Need to disable the car alarm because

Customer Question

Need to disable the car alarm because it keeps going off! Live in an area where locking doors is unnecessary and alarms even more redundant.
Category: VW
Expert:  VW Tech 1 replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

The alarm is difficult to remove because it is integrated into the starting circuit on the car. You can shut it off from the trunk/lift gate lock cylinder or the passenger door lock cylinder. Unlock the car from the passenger door and then reach across and turn the key on - you do not have to start the car just turn on the key. If this latch is good for the passenger door then you will have it disarmed. Just do not reset it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can I just disable it? The radio and power locks don't work anyways and I've heard they are on the same circuit. It armed itself automatically so I need to stop it completely. I removed the horn fuse hoping that would silence it but no luck.
Expert:  VW Tech 1 replied 5 years ago.
You cannot disable it or the car wont start. The start lock out goes thru it. No the power locks and radio are on their own circuit. The only good way to do it is to fix it with a new module. I have wired around the starter interrupt before but then it does other crazy or annoying things. Like the alarm will randomly go off driving down the street ....!