vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Volkswagen Touareg I have 2004 VW touareg. My car has air

I have 2004 VW touareg. My car has air suspension and the rear suspension is leveled all the way up and I get a message on my dashboard disolay STOP FAULT RUNNING GEAR. wHEN MY FRIEND PLUGED SCANNER HE GOT CODE LEVELING CONTROL CODE 022400. What this code stands for?

P.S.

When we reset the error code the care came back to normal position and the suspension was working but shortly after the eror was coming back and the rear suspension was going to off road position by it self.

Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Is your buddy using a Vw capable scan tool?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
he was using aftermarket scaner. He was able to se the codes and names for them and he could reset the codes but he couldn't check the leveling of the leveling sensors RA G76, G77 and use all the controles to level the car turn on compresor etc. Only VW dealer had this type of scaner to do this type of operations. He fixes Mercedes and mercedes has similar air suspension like VW and Audi from what he told me.
Do me a favor check the wires at the leveling sensor connectors we have had issues with them making poor contact or break please check this and post your findings thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Have you checked what i suggested??
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We did checke the conectors and they are fine no rust and any signs of oxydation. Also today we changed today also leveling sensors in tha back from both sides and still nothing.

My mechanic has VW scaner and it show him everything. The code we get is P02250-FUNCTON DEACTIVATION VALVE DUTY CYCLE

001-UPPER LIMIT EXCEEDED(INTERMITTENT).

Any sugestions for that?

Have your technician upload the fault log with the value blocks in that module for me on here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What's that?
Show him this and if he knows how to use the vw scan tool he will know what the fault log is
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just talked to my mechanic and he said that he did apload the values and it shows that the voltage is been sent to the sensors, valves are on but the system is not doing anything and after about 10sec everything goes to off and it comes with error and message I told you about.
I need to see the log please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do you want me to do it? You would have to physically see the computer screen when he does it.
If he has a vw scan tool you are able to save it to a usb drive and post it on here my customers do it all the time so i can diagnose there vehicle for them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was at te dealer yesterday and after 1 hour of diagnostics I was told that 2 rear air dampers need to be replaced. Are this air shocks the same like audi Q7 and if there is a difference in between left and right one?
You will have to compare the part #s not sure if the Audi Q7 are the same as these
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience: VW Master Technician VW Certified