Danny
Danny, VW Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner
13195203

Volkswagen how to remove the fuse box on top of battery -

how to remove the fuse box on top of battery - 2006 beetle
Category: VW
Expert:  Danny replied 5 years ago.
Follow the red large wire from the little fuse box to the positive battery post and unbolt the 10mm nut that holds it to the positive clamp. Now remove the 10mm nut on each one of the large wires leading into the fuse box. Then you can pull the main fuse box off.

Danny
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There appears to be a plastic case around the battery that is attached to the fuse box with catches that i can not see. I'm trying to replace the battery
Expert:  Danny replied 5 years ago.
Awesome, well the factory manual is not helpful. Basically if you look downward at the cover toward basically the base of the battery you will probably see where the case snaps onto the bottom battery bracket. I normally just grab the cover and pull up on the left side of it.

Danny
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the help. Got the battery in and it works!!!! Beer time.