vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

2006 Jetta: a diagram of the Fuse box..horn..owners manual

I am looking for a diagram of the Fuse box for a 2006 Jetta. I need to replace fuse for the horn but the owners manual has not been very helpful in helping me locate it.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

There is no specific fuse for the horn if the horns are not working more then likely you have a faulty spiral spring behind the steering wheel its build into the steering angle sensor these are real common to fail and not supply power to the horns. I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to click accept for my time and kowledge thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What is the remedy? Does it need to go to the dealer for repair?

The remedy is a new spiral spring and the deler will not to reprogram it after replacement so yes it needs to go to the dealer . I hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

In the owners manual Booklet 3.2 pg 80 it states that fuse box B F5 is the fuse for the horn. Wouldn't it be smart for me to check this first before assuming it is the sprial spring? The problem I having following this up is the diagram does not tell me which fuse is F5.

Its the fuse box under the hood go ahead and check it the fuse box will have the fuse F5 labeled but more then likely not the issue .

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That's my problem, the diagram in the manual does not tell me which fuse is F5
Look at the fuses on the box itself next to the battery the fuse box itself not your manual tell you which one is F5

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have open the fuse box and there is no diagram on the box identifying the fuse by number. Frown
Look in the box itself next to the fuse it should be engraved into the box btw F5 fuse shows nothing about the horn but it's related to the trans module . I hope this helps .

Please dont forget to click accept for my time and knowledge thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Unfortunately, I have looked at the box, inside the box, next to each fuse and there arre no indication identifying the fuses. I'm sure you have done your best but I guess I will just have to go to a dealer to solve the problem. Thanks!

Its not fuse related trust me it's what I mentioned before . Please don't forget to click accept for my time and knowledge thank you