Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Certified to fix all makes and models

2000 VW beetle: 2000 rpm..cooling fan comes..fan module..works fine

Customer Question

I have a 2000 VW beetle GL the A/C compressor only cycles on over 2000 RPM also the cooling fan comes on when the compressor cycles on it has power at the fan module when i turn on A/C its like theres a cycle switch bad or idle switch not familiar with this vehicle i can apply power to the compressor at idle and it works fine
Category: VW
Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 3 years ago.
Ok is the refrigerant level correct this can happen being under charged.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes its fully charged
Ok sounds like the a/c pressure switch has failed was this replaced yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no, where is it located and I will check that. Could not find it
Ok quick question both fans do no operate when the a/c is on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no - not until vehicle reaches operating temp
This is all intergratsd in the control module.

On Golf/Jetta and new Beetles, current to the A/C Compressor Clutch -N25- is supplied by the Coolant Fan Control Module -J293-. This module is switched by the A/C switch -E35- on the manual A/C systems. On Passat models, the current to the A/C compressor clutch is supplied by the A/C Control Module -J314-. Inputs from pressure switches, temperature sensors and other control modules are processed by Coolant Fan Control Module -J293- to determine the compressor on/off state.

In engine compartment, bottom, to left of radiator

ClickHere

Also The high low pressure switch or thrust sensor is located on the passenger side next to the firewall and expansion valve. It screws on to the metal line. Just follow the a/c lines coming out of the firewall. These are the most common failures. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Did you need anything else ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i ordered the pressure switch for the am - i will get back to you if it does not fix the problem
Ok most common is that control module like I stated if the switch does not work. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Replaced control module yesterday and then switch today. Problem IS NOT fixed.