vw: camshaft follower and high pressure fuel pump

what does it cost to repair a vw camshaft, camshaft follower and high pressure fuel pump?
Category: VW
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX cam shaft are you wanting to replace, the intake or the exhaust?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
intake camshaft. The mil light has been on for 3 1/2 yrs. and vw has never mentioned to me that it could be the intake cam, cam follower, and HPFP. I have seen many complaints online about this issue and now just got a warranty extension from vw covering this, but I have to pay and they reimburse if they feel it is "covered." If I pay and they don't pay me back I am in big trouble as I am super short on cash. What should I do?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
the intake camshaft runs about 1000 dollars with the followers, this is parts and labor, but they have been taking care uf these under the extended warraty, it iss a very common problem, the lobe for the high pressure pump wears on the cam and cuses this problem, they are most likely to take care of this for free, if they have extended the warranty, they are very good about this,Tim