Volkswagen Beetle Cost to replace a Valve Body

Customer Question

Cost to replace a Valve Body??
Category: VW
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX valve body itself is 1400 for the part, and 1.8 hours for labor, so about 180 dollars for labor, this should run about 1600 for parts and labor,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
<p>Valve Body cost is incorrect. What process would need to be done to replace valve body?? Parts, etc.??</p>
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
this is the cost of a new valve body from the dealer, to replace it, you will need to remove the transmission oil pan, then the valve body can be unbolted to remove it, I dont under stand what parts you are talking about, the valve body comes complete, the only other parts you will need is a pan gasket and fluid to put back in the trans,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am being charged rebuilding and a piston kit??

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
if they are rebuilding the valve body instead of replacing it, then the labor is 3.3 hours, so about 330 dollars and the piston kit is about 469 dollars, add another 75 dollars for gaskets and fluid, tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

So just because you replace the valve body, you do not need to do the piston kit and rebuilding??

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.

the valve body can either be replaced or rebuilt, not both, now if they want to rebuild the whole transmission, and replace the valve body, thenn this is a different story,Tim

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
anytime my friend,tim