vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified

VW: handbrake - when parking the car i back

Customer Question

I recently bought a VW Tiguan with auto handbrake - when parking the car i always use the manual handbrake also. Last friday after parking the car at work, it rolled forward and into the fence - when myself and a colleague entered the car the handbrake light was clearly on.
Took car back to dealer who cannot find a fault and now VW will not accept responsibility for the bodywork damage.
Obviously going forward i will have to leave the car in gear, however i know the handbrake was on when i left the car.
Any ideas.........
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Has the e brake light blinked lately at all ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am not sure - or at least not that i have noticed.

The dealer has said that they have checked and there is not a fault logged on cars computer.......

Sorry for the delay . Honestly its going to be your word against theres because there are no faults in the system . What i would do is call Vw of America customer service they may be able to help you out this will be only other thing you can try if the dealer has not helped you out . I hope this helps.