Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Certified to fix all makes and models

2011 Jetta TDI: the amber engine warning light..catalytic converter

I have a 2011 Jetta TDI and the amber engine warning light came on while driving. I checked the owner's manual and it said to get the car in for service due to a possible catalytic converter issue. I made an appointment for Friday AM. Can you give me some more information on what may be the problem? Thanks.
Category: VW
Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 5 years ago.
Ok does the vehicle run or shift any differently? Did this happen after refueling ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The engine seems to run normally. I had over 300 km since the last refueling. I don't think it's a fuel ptoblem. I filled up with Shell ultra low sulphur fuel. Same place I always refuel at.

Ok as long as the vehicle is running properly and shifting properly it's not a major issue . The engine light comes on for hundreds of issues . Most common since it's running fine is a loose fuel cap or faulty sensor signal etc. But to have it checked under warranty is what needs to be done to be sure. It should not be a major problem. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.