vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Volkswagen Jetta GLX HOW DO I BYPASS THE ANTI THEFT ALARM

Customer Question

HOW DO I BYPASS THE ANTI THEFT ALARM TO START !! HERE IT IS I UNLOCK THE DOOR . GO TO START THE CAR NOTHING HAPPENS BESIDES THE CHRIPING AND THEN WHEN I TAKE THE KEY OUT OF THE INGITION THE ALARM WILL SOUND OFF !! BATTERY IS GOOD !
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Check the door harness on each door by the door hinges where the harness goes into the door make sure there are no broken wires is there ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
its all good no cuts or fray in the wire !!
All doors ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes all doors !! i try to start it and then the alarm set !!
Do you have tool because the next step will be to bypass the alarm control module but this will require some wiring modifications and you will loose the central locking system
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes i have tons of tools !! will it stop the doors from all unlocking ? could it also be cause i dont have the factory radio ?
You can manually lock it but the central locking will not work
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok will do just tell me what i need to do cuz i need this car asap !
Ok just remove the headlight switch and then behind there you will see the alarm control module Modula and you will need to tie the black/red and the solid red together theybare the thicker wires on the black connector here is a link to show you some pics I posted before I hope this helps.

http://www.justanswer.com/vw-volkswagen/3xgrw-disable-alarm-98-jetta.html

Please don't forget to click accept for my time and knowledge thank you
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience: VW Master Technician VW Certified
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
well that didnt work so what do i do now ?? the thing is as i unlock the door disarms the alarm ok thats good ok i put the key in to start it and nothing and then the alarm sets and then as soon as i pull the key out the alarm goes off
You connected both of the wires shown ??
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes i did both wires and still nothing happens !! maybe i did the wrong wires ? there is more then what is shown ! the 2 biggest wires right ?
Did you check make sure they where the correct color wires like the pictures above
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes i made sure they were the right wires and still no go !! more or less ur telling me to replace the light switch and it will solve the problem ! i need this car running by the 17th of march cuz on that date we r headed up to my familys house for my wife birthday !!

yes i need answers now ! im laid up right now with my knee surgery
Post a picture on here of what wires you connected
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it will have to be next week that when i can be able to walk and work on the car with out hurting my self !!!
Ok