vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified

Volkswagen Tiguan SE Step by step procedure to replace brake

Step by step procedure to replace brake pads on 2009 Tiguan
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Fronts correct ??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, just the fronts
Ok for the brake pads its not hard at all you will need to remove the tire with as 17mm socket for the lug nuts then use a flat head screwdriver to pop off the front retaining clip for the brake pads , then remove 2 caps off the caliper slides that you will need a 7mm allen socket to remove top and bottom caliper slide bolts after these have been removed then you will be able to pull off the caliper off the bracket to expose the brake pads use the old inner brake bad to push the piston inn with a c clamp or big channel lock pliers , after this has been done then put the new brake pads on the caliper bracket then reinstall the caliper on the bracket and install the 2 allen slide bolts you removed ,reinstall clip and put wheel back on and pump the brakes and you should be set . I hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So there are special tools required, and the piston just pushes back in, I had read that on newer VW's they screwed in...
No special tools for the front only the rear the pistons just push inn . I hope this helps .

Please don't forget to click accept for my time and knowledge thank you