vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Volkswagen Jetta The heater on my 2006 Jetta heats intermittantly.

The heater on my 2006 Jetta heats intermittantly. The blower is working, but about 90% of the time it is blowing cold or cool air.

I had it at the dealer last week, and they hooked it to the computer and said it did not malfunction in the two hours they had it running on the computer. Five minutes after I drove it off the lot, it was blowing cold air again. Now they want me to bring it back and leave it all day so they can run it on the computer all day to check it out.

My question is: Does the computer reveal every little defect in the car?

My second question is: Is it possible that this problem is affected by actually having the car on the road?
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Do you know if they have checked the blend door motors??
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't think they checked anything. They just put it on the computer and the computer couldn't find the problem.
Was the heater working when you brought them the vehicle ??
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It was not heating when I drove in. When I drove out it was. Sometimes it works. It works for awhile, then starts blowing cold air.
ok does the heat get better if you are driving on the highway?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. If I fiddle with the temperature control, sometimes it will heat for awhile. But then it starts blowing cold air again.
Ok you either have a issue with the heater controls or the blend door motors behind the glove box not opening all the way. The computer will not tell them anything because this is a mechanical issue not electrical have them remove the heater controls and make sure the knob is moving the cable correctly also have them remove the glove box and make sure when the heat is activated that the blend doors are moving the correct way . i hope this helps.

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO CLICK ACCEPT FOR MY TIME AND KNOWLEDGE THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME THANK YOU
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience: VW Master Technician VW Certified