David, VW Master Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician Certified for 9 years, ASE Master Technician Certified

Volkswagen I have a 2005 VW Jetta the left turn signal light

Customer Question

I have a 2005 VW Jetta
the left turn signal light stays solid on (no blinking) it will stay that way even with the ignition off, only way to turn it off is by disconecting the battery.
if I turn the 4 way flashers on, they will also stay on(no blinking)
Right turn signal light work fine.
pulled out the 4 way flasher unit and the left light still is on.
Category: VW
Expert:  David replied 3 years ago.

The problem is going to be the flasher. The flasher is part of the hazard switch. You will need to replace the hazard switch to correct your problem providing your car is the early 05 body. Known as the A4 or MK4 body jetta

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have some doubts about the flasher being the problem, like I said, I pulled it off and the light remmains on
Expert:  David replied 3 years ago.
Please provide me with your VIN
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
3vwsa69m75m052497
Expert:  David replied 3 years ago.

Campaigns/Actions
Vehicle Data VIN: 3VWSA69M75M052497
Campaigns/Actions No. Service Number (Campaign Code) Start Date Description Repair Date Applicable Criteria ID(s) Campaign/Action Status
1 N400 2006-11-27 Safety Recall N4: Replace Brake Light Switch 2008-03-31 02 Closed
2 60A7 2010-05-07 A-Front Sunroof Drain Cleaning and Modification 9M Open

First your car has one open recall. For the sunroof drain modification. See printout above. Being your car is an A4 body, I still believe the problem you are having is the flasher / hazard switch. Place the turn signal switch in the neutral off position. If the light turns off then the problem is the flasher. Some of the A4 body were mistaking installed with the euro design parking light which is the left turn signal.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I placed the turn signal in the neutral position,the light stays on, with both the flasher unit conected or disconected
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I never received a response to the last situation, couldn't wait any longer, now I took the car to the shop.