vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified

Volkswagen jetta 1999 jetta 2.0 P0753, P0758, P0763, P0768,

Customer Question

1999 jetta 2.0 P0753, P0758, P0763, P0768, P0773, P1778, P0748...I have replaced "computer cable wire in trans, also replaced solenoids tranny is still in limp mode 2-3
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Have you checked the wiring harness that goes to the valve body strip??
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tested with alldata specs. all checked out ok at this time. If you have moe specs let me know, I am using a genisis evo scanner to check for codes and info hard to navigate without the digit group numbers group numbers. i need to locate them.

All data is too generic for our vehicles.What do you mean by computer cable wire??
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the main harness to the solenoids inside of tranny.

Ok have you checked the harness that plugs into there that runs down from the top of the trans ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, i checked them.

Ok since you have replaced solenoid and said the harness checks out this is what you will need to do , you are going to have to re pin the transmission control module and run a overlay harness from the transmission control module to the connector that attach's to the valve body harness these are all open circuit faults for the shift solenoid there has to be a electrical issue thats why does faults are there. I hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
let me try and i will get back with you
No problem please dont forget to click accept for the time and knowledge i have provided i will still help you on this issue later on if you have more issues.