Danny, VW Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner

Volkswagen Passat 2.0T EPC light just came on while driving

EPC light just came on while driving along with Check Engine. Car slowly came to halt and wouldn't restart. When AUX came on, it now showed the FT LF Dipped beam was out. Suggestions? 2006 Passat 2.0
You are going to need a scan tool to verify. But the most common thing to cause this is a faulty crankshaft position sensor. The epc light means there is a mass airflow sensor, throttle body, or crank sensor fault 90 percent of the time. If the tach doesn't move when cranking that's another good indicator of a crank pos sensor failure. BotXXXXX XXXXXne is rent a scan tool and we will go from there.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Last error I showed on a scan tool was an "underboost" issue and that was fixed when I had my CAT replaced in June 2010. Is any of that related?
Nope, that won't turn the epc light on.
There are probably over a thousand fault codes on this vehicle. You need to borrow or buy a scan tool. If you buy one get the one from