Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

2001 passat: spark..crank sensor..new coil no code just wont start

Customer Question

2001 passat wont start has no spark new can sensor and crank sensor tried new coil no code just wont start has fuel no spark please help
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 years ago.

Eurocar Inc :

hello there

Eurocar Inc :

ust to make sure did you unbolt the fuel line at the fuel rail connection and cranked the engine over did you get alot of fuel out of the hose ?

Eurocar Inc :

is this a 2001.5 passat (chrome trim) or early 2001

Eurocar Inc :

will await for your reply

Customer :

yes its a chrome trim one and no the fuel rail was not unbolted timing is also dead on and i didnt not find a icm

Customer :

hello?

Customer :

come back please!

Eurocar Inc :

hello there sorry for the delay!

Eurocar Inc :

please double check if you have fuel w/ the line disconnected and have a container to get the fuel and crank the engine!!

Eurocar Inc :

please let me know!!

Customer :

yes it has fuel

Customer :

i can smell it too when i crank the car

Eurocar Inc :

hello

Eurocar Inc :

are you there?

Eurocar Inc :

did you have the recall done for the ignition coils replacement?u

Eurocar Inc :

what happens if you hold the gas pedal to the floor while cranking? does it try to run ? may have to crank for a bit like 15 - 20 seconds?

Customer :

sorry

Customer :

yes i did change the coils with the recall

Customer :

nutting happens when i hold the pedal down just keeps cranking

Eurocar Inc :

you have a scan tool?

Eurocar Inc :

reason of that is that i want you to unplug the mass air flow sensor and then try to see if the engine will fire over!!

Eurocar Inc :

and did you check all the fuses on the dash left side for any that is blown?

Customer :

yes i checked every fuse and the scan tool said nutting no errors

Customer :

its so fustrating this car its like a really expensive paper weight

Customer :

i even checked the fuses on the fire wall behind the dash board still nutting blown

Customer :

anyone help please

Customer :

it has ton of gas coming up and has good pressure

Eurocar Inc :

ok can i have your vin# XXXXX pull wiring diagram?