gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified

2001 Passat: heated seats..getting power..No fuses are blown.

I have a 2001 Passat. The heated seats and Climatronic head stopped getting power at the same time. No fuses are blown. I checked the fuses to the left of the console and the fuses under the console. I swapped out the Climatronic head with one from a Passat in a wrecking yard with no change. I wonder what the commonality is between the power seats and the Climatronic. Any ideas?

Eurocar Inc :

hello there !

Eurocar Inc :

can i have your vehicle id # XXXXX pull up correct wiring diagram please

Eurocar Inc :

will await for your reply

WVWRH63B01E150422. Thanks for your help!

Your fuse #5 (in the fuse panel at the left end of the dash, remove the end cap with the door open) is for the heated seats, and the A/C system (Climatronic) It is a 10a fuse, third from the left, and third from the bottom in the area of larger fuses. It is the top fuse in it's column. Check there to make sure you have power with the key on
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply. I checked the fuses before and verified that the fuses are ok. I did this both visually and using an Ohm meter.

Check your heated seats- often they will burn out, and there is a warranty extension on the seat heaters due to this- it is a safety issue, since they usually burn out (and sometimes through the cover) right at the side bolster right by your hip. Feel around in those seat bolsters on the side areas for any soft spots, or signs that it has burned through. You say all the fuses on the left side of the dash are ok, AND all the fuses above the relay panel (have to remove the underdash panel to access)? There is a small fuse panel, plus a couple of fuses stuck up kind of high atop the relay panel.
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience: VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'll check those. Thanks.

One thing I'm interested in is why the heated seats and climatronic lost power at the same time. I was thinking that there was a common root source.

Is the CLimatronic completely dead, no display?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No display at all. I found another climatronic at the junk yard and swapped it. It also didn't work. It looks like a power problem.