vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified

Volkswagen Jetta 2003 Jetta. Will not start but turns over,

2003 Jetta. Will not start but turns over, dash lights won't come on, windows won't close. All fuses OK. Dash lights have been blinking and car ocassionally stalled when sitting idling. Won't start now.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

What dash lights have been blinking??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The colored warning lights, same ones that come on when you start. Could this be a computer problem? Blinking is periodic and not steady.
It does crank correct ? just wont start??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Cranks easily, trying to start but not getting fuel. Car has 62,000 miles on it.
Ok have you checked to see if you have power at the fuel pump while cranking since you are not getting fuel pressure to the engine ??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. Engine does start for a moment but is not getting fuel to stay running. Where is the fuel pump, in the tank or in line? Am guessing this has to go to the shop. Am hoping to avoid a tow bill.
The fuel pump is located under the rear seat bottom all you will need to do is check fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gage to see if you get fuel . When the vehicle dies right away to you have a blinking orange light on the dash??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. And a fuel pump failure will cause the windows not to work?
Honestly i dont think its a fuel pump failure i think you have a issue with the comfort control module but you will need a vw specific scan tool to be able to check this, because the module will shut down the vehicle and also cause the windows not to work just make sure the battery is in good condition . I hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!