gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified

how do you reset the computer in a 2006 vw passat

Customer Question

Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 5 years ago.
In what way do you mean reset? Are you trying to clear codes, or adapt the throttle body, or trying to clear out an electrical problem?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tried to activate satellite radio through sirius. Channels updated...can see the name of the station, song name, artist name etc...but only static - no music! Sirius after many calls says that I need to have a hard wire reset done??? I unhooked the battery for about 5 mins but everything was still saved in the radio and it did not change anything. Do you know what Sirius is talking about?
You will probably have to replace the Sirius base unit if that is the only audio having issues. It's a common problem
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So what is the warranty? Is this a volkswagen issue? it is the upgraded sound system that came in the vehicle....
it is covered by the 4 year, 50k overall warranty. If you're not sure you can give me your VIN and I can look up your purchase date.