Danny, VW Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner

How to change rear muffler on 2001 VW Jetta GLS VR6?

It depends on what you're replacing it with. The stock exhaust goes from behind the catalytic converter all the way to the back so you just unbolt and remove. Otherwise it requires cutting and welding.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
To be more specific I replacing a factory installed muffler with Ansa Sport Performance Muffler. Here it is the linkif it helps. I would like to know if this is cut and weld or just matter of few screws.
I can't tell from the picture have you already bought that?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes. The item description says no welding required. I'm just trying to figure out myself then thought I would get a 2nd opinion. Do you have any suggestion for diff parts? Thanks.
If there isn't any welding required then you probably have a crimp sleeve that just bolts up. They don't show what is the attachment thing in that picture. There's no flange at the exhaust point where that exhaust ends so it looks like you have to cut the pipe and then use a sleeve to clamp the exhaust together.