vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

How to change headlight bulb passenger side 2007 passat

how to change headlight bulb passenger side 2007 passat
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

There are 2 different designs here is how on both i hope this helps.

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO CLICK ACCEPT FOR MY ANSWER AND ADVICE THANKS.
THIS IS ALL BEHIND THE RUBBER COVER YOU WILL HAVE TO PULL OFF.

graphic

• Unscrew lamp socket with Low Beam Headlamp -1- in -direction of arrow- and take it out of headlamp as far as wire lengths permit.
graphic
  • Low beam headlamp bulb -2- is clipped into the reflector -1-.
  • When removing low beam headlamp bulb - 2-, the harness connector -3-is not disconnected first.
  • Push harness connector and thereby the lamp socket in -direction of arrow- until the lamp can be felt as loose.
  • Pull low beam headlamp at harness connector -3- out of reflector.
  • Guide the low beam headlamp with the harness connector connected out of the headlamp housing.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I'm sorry , but the headlight set-up on our Passat is different. It has a square hard plastic panel on the rear of the assembly (under the hood) about 1 inch just in front of the washer fluid tank. A clip holds the cover on. The headlight is an HID DS1 and looks as though it may be low and hi beam together. I changed the driver's side a while back. It was not easy. The bulb has a metal recangular box attached where a cable plugs in.

Or do I need to remove the entire assembly to replace the bulb?

If you have the H.I.D system the the whole complete headlight will need to be removed which requires you to remove the complete front bumper assembly.You cannot access the lower headlight assembly bolts without the bumper removed. I hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Okay. I was able to change the drivers side bulb without removal of the assembly. I will try to do the same with the passenger side. Wish me luck.

Good luck hopefully you have enough room to remove the h.i.d module