vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Jetta TDI: 85K.The flywheel/torque converter..rattle..used one

I have a 06 Jetta TDI ,85K.The flywheel/torque converter or whatever it is called has a terrible rattle when decelerating.I have it out & cannot locate a used one.Is there a aftermarket replacement as the factory part is expensive.Is this a common thing.
Harry Garland
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

This issue is very common with the dsg transmission there are no aftermarket part for this you will need to replace it with a factory flywheel the noise you hear is from the inside of the dual mass flywheel good thing you are replacing it because it will break internally and damage the transmission case . I hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
An issue @ 85k ! Does VW not care?
I have seen this issue as early at 60k but they have not recalled it and i dont think they will to be honest with you. I hope this helps.