vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

2001 jetta: vw..check engine light..emission workshop a friend..recall

my vw 2001 jetta vr6 has the check engine light on and the a msg comes out emission workshop a friend told me is it a recall on it, and an error comes out as pos. sens. out p1340
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Very common issue this is a incorrect timing issue there is no recall on this issue more then likely the vehicles timing chain is out of time either the timing chain stretched or the timing chain guides are worn out that caused the chain to come out of time . This is very common with the very engine I hope this helps.

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO CLICK ACCEPT FOR MY TIME AND KNOWLEDGE THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND KNOWLEDGE THANKS!!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
they told me is a sensor i need to replace and the code is p1340 is this correct? And do you know how much will this cost? also can i drive the vehicle long distancves???
They have advised you the wrong information most people dont know what this fault is because they do not see these issues in the shop like we do we work on these cars 5 days a week for a living and know what really fixes the issue the fault is for incorrect allocation between the cam and crank sensor which means the timing is wrong . This is a very big job that should be only done by a vw servie shop with experience you are looking at close to $1500 with parts and labor . The vehicle should not be driven distances. I hope all this info i have provided you has helped.