David L.
David L., VW Technician
Experience:  14 years Nissan/Infiniti with certifications. 8 years VW experience and certified
24398480

How do I remove the battery in a 2009 Jetta TDI for replacement.

Customer Question

How do I remove the battery in a 2009 Jetta TDI for replacement. I cannot get it to budge. What is holding it in there?
Category: VW
Expert:  David L. replied 6 years ago.
Hi.... I would like to assist you with your question. First I would like to know if the battery has a plastic cover over it or a fabric/felt type cover?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I'm sorry, I cannot even reach the battery. I am going to have to take it into the dealership. I think it is still under some kind of warranty. If not I will give you guys another try and find someone taller.

Please cancel my charge.

Expert:  David L. replied 6 years ago.
The battery should be under warranty as long as its under 50k . If you need I can give detailed pics with instruction to replace it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Will I still be charged. I will call back after we have over 50K.
Expert:  David L. replied 6 years ago.
As long as you haven't clicked Accept button you shouldn't be charged. If so just contact customer service and they should help with any charge incurred.