vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified

2005 Beetle: correct position..doesnt up manually

The power top to my 2005 Beetle won't go up or down. The windows drop to the correct position, and I hear the motor, but the top doesn't move. I can push it down or pull it up manually. I've tried the "reset" procedure rolling the windows up and down with the master switch. No dice. I'd like to check the fuse, but the fuse card doesn't indicate that one of the fuses is for the top. What next?
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Ok there is nothing much you will be able to do because you will need a vw specific scan tool to look at certain value blocks to see what the micro switches are reading for the top because there is about 11 different micro switched that control the top the most common one to fail is the micro switch for the passenger side hydraulic top cylinder. I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to click accept for my answer and advice this is the only way i get compensated for my time and knowledge thanks!!