Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Certified to fix all makes and models

my 2001 v.w. jetta continues to generate codes p0101 and p0172

my 2001 v.w. jetta continues to generate codes p0101 and p0172 after the codes are erased with a code scanner.could this indicate a bad sensor or sensors?the mass air flow sensor has been replaced and the computer was reprogrammed by v.w. dealer right after it was replaced. (2 liter, GLS model).
This is usually due to a faulty MAF have you had the dealer recheck there work. There are allot of issues with the harness failing and the wires to the connector becoming loose.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

have not had dealer recheck.

Ok this is what needs to be done . There should be no charge for this also . Alot of times the pins in the connector to the MAF sensor corrode or back out or sometimes there are issues with the harness . This needs to be checked next.Also make sure all vacuum lines are ok . The vacuum line vacuum line that goes from the intake manifold to the fuel rail to tear over time and come disconnected from the fuel pressure regulator. That could cause this problem.These are the next steps . Hoped this helped .Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.