vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified

fault code p0480 and p0481 2006 jetta_

fault code p0480 and p0481 2006 jetta_ There is a obvious problem with cooling fan. one runs way longer then ever before after turning car off and other does not seem to run at all. a/c not cooling proper unless vechicle is traveling.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!
these are very common to fail you will need to replace both fans one fan reads off th other where the fan control module is built into to if you don't replace both fans the issue will come back . i hope this helps .

please don't forget to click accept for my time and knowledge thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this cannot be just a simple fan relay issue? The one fan is working, seems that a relay or such would control operation of fan motors.
it's not a relay issue trust me we see this issue a couple times a week for the exact same issue .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
any idea on price of these cooling fans???
their are 2 different brands you will need to call the dealer with your vin # XXXXX know wich one it is but they are close to $250 each from the dealer .