vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

How can I buy a Volkswagen in Germany and ship it to the U

Customer Question

How can I buy a Volkswagen in Germany and ship it to the US
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Its not that easy . I have had customers try to bring vehicles inn from a different country and they where inn for a big surprise here are the key facts that you need to know before trying to import a car from Germany.

1.

If the car is manufactured to be sold in Germany, it will meet safety and emissions standards established in Europe. Unfortunately, those standards might not be sufficient to meet the standards here in America.

So the first thing you need to make sure is that the car meets US standards

2.If you're going to export a car back to the US, then you need to demonstrate to Customs through proper documentation that you actually own the car and it meets US standards. That means your going to have to supply a bill of lading, bill of sale, and possibly foreign registration materials.

3.You will need to pay taxes when bringing a foreign car into the country

4.

Whenever you ship something overseas - even a car - you will likely be charged a "roll on" and/or "roll off" fee. Also keep in mind that the shipping company may not like it if the car has a full tank of gasoline and may charge a fee to drain some of the fuel from the car's tank.

Depending on the destination and location of purchase, you can expect to pay $1,000 - $3,000 to ship a car back to the US.

I hope all this info helps

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO CLICKL ACCEPT FOR MY ANSWER AND ADVICE THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND KNOWLEDGE THANKS!!