Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Certified to fix all makes and models

AUTO REPAIR ON A 2003 VW BEETLE EPC LIGHT COMES ON CAR WONT

AUTO REPAIR ON A 2003 VW BEETLE EPC LIGHT COMES ON CAR WON'T RUN NO THROTTLE,
CODES ARE P2181, P0321, P2101, EPC GOES OUT RUNS FINE, HELP
Category: VW
Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Cardoctor74 :

OK did you replace the engine speed sensor also known as the crank sensor thats code p0321 Thats the main issue.You need to repalce this first clear codes and see if any codes come back.The p2181 is for a sticking thermostat and the p2101 is a communication loss.You need to repalce the speed sensor (crank sensor)next and you should be fine.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.

Customer:

ok will this speed sensor make the epc light come on and go out

Customer:

when the epc light is out car runs great

Cardoctor74 :

Yes absolutely .Need to start there if there is still an issue then look into the ECU but the speed sensor will cause all these issues.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.

Customer:

ok will change this will i still ask for more help on this issue or will i need to pay more, i'm just on a fixed income and it's

Customer:

money is tight

Cardoctor74 :

No you accept now and add to the question for no further charge if you need more help.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.

Customer:

is there a refrence number i need

Cardoctor74 :

Nope just add to this question if you need more help the link will be in your email.Hoped this helped.Positive feed back and bonuses greatly appreciated.

Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Certified to fix all makes and models