I have a 2000 jetta vr 6. I currently have codes p0140, p1198,

I have a 2000 jetta vr 6. I currently have codes p0140, p1198, p0139. I just changes the O2 sensor behind the cat only. Prior to canging the O2 sensor i had an p1176 only,which has disapeered.

Now these new ones have showed up

Any ideas on what to do next to get rid of these codes
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX 2 codes are for the bank1 o2 sensor behind the cat, the one you replaced, did you replace this witha factory sensor, or a universal aftermarket? if its a universal one, and you had to rewire it, then you probably have it wired wrong,tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It was an after market. ..but I didn't have to rewire it. came with the clip on it all I did was replace it
then I suspect you got a defective sensor,Tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

ok thanks for the info....your original answer referred to 2 codes but I show 3..

do all 3 codes refer to this sensor? How many o2 swnsors are in a 2000 jetta vr6?

Yes, I'm sorry, all three deal with it. you have 4 sensors, 2 upstrem and 2 after the cat,Tim