Chris VW Master Tech
Chris VW Master Tech, VW Technician
Experience:  City & Guilds 1,2,3 Vw Master Tech cars&vans, VW Licence Tech

I have a 1999 VW Passat. The turn signals are not working although

I have a 1999 VW Passat. The turn signals are not working although the fuses and bulbs look ok. Any suggestions?
Hi i would check the hazard light switch, as the hazard light switch is also the indicator relay, they are combined into one , and are prone to being faulty. hope this helps Chris
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

How do i check the hazard light switch? I checked the fuse for that too and it seemed ok as well. Is it somewhere under the hood?

the hazard light switch is one of the switches next to radio, it is the switch that you use too turn all the indicators on in one go, you will need a multimeter or test light to check this out and wiring diagrams to know what wires to check, these hazard light switches are not lots of money, i would advise you ring and find out how much one is first, Chris