071TCB
071TCB, VW Mechanic
Experience:  8+ yrs at a VW/Audi Specialty Repair Shop
37708390

my brake lights wont go off on a 2003 jetta wagon car is off

my brake lights wont go off on a 2003 jetta wagon car is off .... how can i get them to go off. even if i drive i do not feel the brakes but lights are on. which fuse is for the brake lights

This could be due to a faulty brake light switch... have you already tried to pull up on the
brake pedal? If yes, and things did not change, you will either have to remove the brake
light fuse or disconnect the brake pedal/light switch that this mounted just above the
brake pedal itself.. you will have the remove the plastic cover to gain access to the switch.

The switch might be covered (free) under a recall... if it has not already been replaced
for that.

Hope this helps,

Thomas

Edited by 071TCB on 7/2/2010 at 6:26 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

kind of, which fuse is for the brake lights they are not labeled... what amp might it be.....

thank you

Fuse #13, 10amp

graphic