Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Certified to fix all makes and models
3827149

2003 VW Jetta: TDI...I have a rebuilt injector pump in hand... I..R&R

2003 VW Jetta TDI. I have a rebuilt injector pump in hand... I'm looking for detailed instructions for a do-it-yourselfer to follow to R&R this pump. Some of my specific questions are: I know that the #1 cylinder should be at TDC, but is there a specific position that the pump should be in? What is the best way to prime this pump? I read somewhere that there is an adjustment to "time" the pump...

Anyway, if somebody wants to take the time to talk me through this correctly and thoroughly, I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks,

Jim
XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: VW
Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 4 years ago.
Let me know if this link helps.

ClickHere

Let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what that link has to do with my injector pump...
You dont have the vr6 motor ?What size motor ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the 1.9 TDI Diesel motor.
OK this is what you need then sorry for the mix up.

ClickHere

ClickHere

Let me know if this is what you need.
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Certified to fix all makes and models
Did that help?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It does help... However, I'm disappointed as I found the same website myself. I was looking for someone to give me tips, pointers, and advice. That's what I thought I was paying for... Not for somebody to type this into Google, find somebody else's article, and send it off. I feel ripped off.
This is what we use which is the easy way and helps people with pictures and diagrams and the exact way we do it .There is no need to pay if you feel like this did not help .I gave you the correct instructions and this is the easiest way .I do not want you to feel unhappy .I will put you in for a refund if you would like .If you still have question or are stuck on something let me know.If not just let me know if you want a refund.My first goal is customer satisfaction as you can see from my feedback they are all happy .If you want the refund just let me know and I will contact customer service for you .