Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Certified to fix all makes and models

2006 Jetta - Driver side door harness was replaced because

Customer Question

2006 Jetta - Driver side door harness was replaced because 2 wires were cut an nothing electrical worked. Now with new harness, just the power lock works and the directional on the outside mirror. With the car off, the 14 gauge yellow/red wire has power coming from the main harness at the body but the brown 14 gauge wire does not. Checked the fuses in the driver side fuse box (SC12 - front door control module and SC23 - front door control module per manual diagram) and they was good. With no power for the windows and the gas door - cannot get gas into the car and there's hardly any gas in the car. Don't know if I can get the car to a VW expert? Any suggestions?
Category: VW
Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 6 years ago.
Did this start happening after the harness was replaced?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I never checked to see if I had power to the brown wire when I discovered the wire was cut in half. I originally discovered the problem when I tried to open the gas door. That's when I noticed there was no power to the driver side because nothing worked on the door. Found the broken wire (the brown 14 gauge wire) immediately and installed a new harness.
Ok have you checked the comfort control module? Also try disconnecting the battery both terminals then connect the terminals together off the battery for 15 minutes and see if itnresets the module. If not the you need to check that comfort control module . This would be the next step unless there are more broken wires.

Hoped this helped .

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How would I check the comfort control module and where is it located?
Look under the drivers seat alot of times water collects there and shorts out the module . This is the next step .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The comfort control module under the drivers seat is dry as a bone. I checked the brown wire and I'm getting no voltage. The wire next to it is drawing about 12.5 volts. What feeds this module and fuse number...I'm checking my VW Service Manual and so far no help. Btw, I'm Long Islander, too! Port Jefferson
Excellent we finally have a cooler day.Let me see what I can post for you .