vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

2002 jetta tdi - fuel door wont open - help?

2002 jetta tdi - fuel door won't open - help?
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Can you hear anything when you hit the button??
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, I can't hear anything. Recently we have had to pull the button up several times to get the flap to open. Now it won't open at all, but no noise. I know the sound you are hoping for, but no.
Even if you can tell me how to bypass the actuator just to be able to fill the tank once I'll consider that answer enough.
Ok what you will need to do is open the trunk and pull down the passenger side trunk liner that way you have access to the actuator where the cable is attached too this way you will be able to pull on the cable to open the fuel door . I hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I pull down the trunk liner? It has some black dime-size connectors that I can't seem to unfasten. Any tricks on that?
We use a panel popper to remove those the middle of them come out first they break all the time to be honest with you.