vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

How to find and repair windshield washer fluid leak?

Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

When you put the fluid in does it leak right away or is it a slow leak??
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I'd say the leak is rather slow. Actually, there has been no leak at all for a couple of days, and there is still some fluid left.

I just put 2 litres of fluid in and activated the washer. Both windshield and front light washers worked properly, but right after that the leak started. It was dropping behind right front wheel. However, I couldn't see the origin of the leak.

Is that where the washer reservoir is at on that side??
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The washer reservoir is on the right side. I'd say it is in front of the rigth front wheel, at least the top of the reservoir is there. It is difficult to say exactly because I can't see the whole reservoir.

It is not too hard what you will need to do is remove the wheel and remove the wheel liner that is held inn by torx bit screws that way after removing the wheel liner you will have access to the bottle to be able to see where its leaking from more then likely its leaking at the seal where the washer pump is at . I hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!