vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified

2002 Cabrio: GLX..a broken latch on the glove compartment door ( latch

I have a 2002 Cabrio GLX and need to know how to repair a broken latch on the glove compartment door ( latch is hanging on loosely and cannot open compartment door)
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Do you have the new latch already??
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Have not purchased yet
Ok the door handle is replaceable they are about $36 at the dealer depending on the color you will need to remove the glove box to make it easier to replace the handle make sure when you go to remove the lock cylinder that you have the key in the cylinder so the tumblers do not fall of it. Here are directions and a picture that shows you how to remove the glove box i hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!

• Remove screws and remove storage compartment downward at an angle (note pins arrows - ).