Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

P0100 code 06 vw gti 2.0fsi. have replaced maf with new one

Customer Question

P0100 code 06 vw gti 2.0fsi. have replaced maf with one from ebay said to be good a new ones $208 so ied liek to be certin b4 i replace it. The one i got off ebay made no diffrence and the code came right back usualy there are to of the p0100 coedes in there. The car runs good with sen unpluged or plugedin no diff like its not being detected. i put a metter on the wireing theres 3 a black i asume is a ground with nothing and a yellow and bronw twisted together one they both show power  NEED HELP PLZ VW wants 75$ just to tell me whats wrong + 208 if the sensor is bad.......
Category: VW
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
The next step would be checkign for leaks in the intake tube and check the wiring on the mass airflow sensor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is this harness for the maf replaceable. Like i said iam showing voltage on it but not sure if its thr right voltage. I have a cold air intake on there all new boost theres no leak in the intake boost is still up good...whats weired i was geting bad fuel cuts anything above 15PSI boost stage 2 apr software with that sensor unpluged i can pull and hold 20 with no fuel cuts. the car runs better without it usualy they run worse right ??....only thing i knoe to do is buy a new one and try it or take it to vw and let them deal with it...
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Put the old intake back on and see if problem is gone.....alot of the time aftermarket intakes can cause problems. Also put the vehicle at stock boost. If problem is still there you will need to do resistance tests on wiring.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I dont have the stock stuff i bought the car from the dealer with all mods done..only thing i had done was the apr tuning but car has had all mods since 100 miles and has 64834 now with no probs. i got upgraded piston dvalv, catless 3 inch dp, apr intercooler, bsh streetcan pvc upgrade,... i mean its all been done wright cause it was all done by VW this was a special ordar car. So i dont know where els to go with it..

I also tryed going to stock on my chiping witch puts all computer parameters at stock and car runs awsome but light is still on and code still there.. only thing i notice diff is right when u let off clutch u have to give little more fuel than normal other than that its geting better fuel millage and better running with the maf unpluged complety. GOT ME PUZZLED when u plug it in the car makes no diffrence hell if i could take it out and block the hole and fig out how to turn the cel off i would leave it out ...

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Considering it is running better with the maf unplug is a good indication either the maf is bad or its getting a reading other then what suspected so the computer may need to be reprogrammed. This will likely be difficult to diagnose without having a dealer scantool, so that might be your best option. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok ill try a new one first and see what hapens since i have over 1000 worth of chipping in there i dont want to loose...And will let u know... Thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Sounds good, let me know how it works out or if you have questions. If the ligth came on right after having something done I'd look into the last upgrade before light came on.