vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

I am replacing a windshield wiper motor in a 2000 VW Jetta. The

I am replacing a windshield wiper motor in a 2000 VW Jetta.
The motor in there now stops in the middle and not comming all
the way down when you shut off the wipers. The wipers travel
correctly when on. I think the motor is defective? You think so?
Also, I cant find any screws to remove the plasic cover so I can
get to the motor. How is this attached? How do I remove?
Amazing for such a simple job!
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Have you removed the wiper arms yet??
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. And also the small panel on passenger side.
Ok the wiper panel is just pulled off carefully it sits in a plastic inset on the lower part of the windshield after that is removed you will have to unplug the connector for the wiper motor and the remove 3 10mm bolts that hold the wiper assembly together you will be removing the wiper linkage still attached to the wiper motor after you have removed the motor them just swap over the linkage to the motor make sure you put the motor linkage exactly the same before you replace the wiper motor go ahead and take the wiper cowl off and look if everything is attached you linkage may off just popped off. I hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
Does this help???
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just to be sure...The only star screws I took off was the pasenger side panel by heater.

You mean the whole length of the plastic panel and you pull outward?

I don't want to break it.

Also, the linkage did come off; I was able to re-attach without taking

the plastic cover off.

Yes the whole panel will need to come out together be careful because they do break just start from one corner and take it slow we usually use a plastic wedge/screwdriver to get it started then slowly go from there.
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience: VW Master Technician VW Certified