vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

1997 vw jetta 2.0 has (5) obd codes 1237,1240, po506,p1544,p1582

1997 vw jetta 2.0 has (5) obd codes 1237,1240, po506,p1544,p1582 runs great except when idoling, engine shakes. Check engine light is on. What do you suggest? I have installed new plugs,new plug wires, new fuel filter, new vac hoses, fuel inj cleaned and have tested the coil.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

You have several issue here one issue you have for sure is a issue with the throttle body 3 of the 5 codes you have are throttle body related what i recommend you do is remove the throttle body and clean the throttle plate from both sides with throttle body cleaner only clean the throttle plate and reset the basic settings in the throttle body you will need a vw specific scan tool to reset the basic settings in the throttle body this will take care of the vehicle shaking and running rough . If faults 1582, and 1544 come back after cleaning the throttle body and resetting the faults you will need to replace the throttle body. Now the issue with the 2 other faults is related to the injector circuit make sure there are no broken wires on the injector harness pay close attention to # XXXXX and #4 injector you can check this with a diode light since the injector signal is pulse width modulated . Top start take care of the throttle body issue first. I hope this helps.

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO CLICK ACCEPT FOR MY ANSWER AND ADVICE THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND KNOWLEDGE THANKS!
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience: VW Master Technician VW Certified