gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified

How do I take off the front door panel off a 2003 vw jetta?

Customer Question

Category: VW
Expert:  Eric replied 6 years ago.

Below are factory directions:

speciality pliers mentioned in directions can be obtained from any parts store for about $10. just ask for a door trim tool

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Looks like a different year. I got the door panel off before the answer was posted. I tried to take off the steel cover to get to the window. I took out all the screws and it still wouldn't come off. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 6 years ago.

If you are having a problem with the window having fallen into the door because the window clips broke, it is likely covered by the warranty extension on this. (7 years, unlimited miles) There is a kit that will replace the window clips on both doors, plus replace the cable on the affected door if that has been torn up by the regulator motor.

If you have another issue we can help you get the carrier panel off.

Edited by gomi_otaku on 3/11/2010 at 4:42 AM EST