vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

How do I program a remote for a 2003 Passat?

How many keys total do you have??
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have one working remote -- originally I had two but for some reason the 2nd remote doesn't work no matter how many batteries I use. My son had a 2003 Passat also that was totaled in a car accident. I would like to program the remote as an extra.
But you have 2 keys for the vehicle correct??
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I have two keys -- one workable remote and one remote from my son that needs to be programmed.
Ok what you will need to do first is remove the remote from your sons keys and put it on your key that has the remote that does not work then follow this procedure below.

Use 1 key in the "ON" position in the ignition and then close the door
and put the other key in the door cylinder and hold it to the (unlock) position until you hear two beep, then press the unlock button on the remote on the door cylinder and you should see the lights flash that means the remote is program . Removed the other key from the ignition and close all the doors and test to see if the remote works.. If this procedure does not work you will need a vw specific scan tool to reprogram the remote . I hope this helps.

Please don't forget to click accept for my answer and advice thanks!