vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified

2001 VW GOLF GL 2.0 DTCs Error Codes P0303 and P1128. What

2001 VW GOLF GL 2.0 DTC's Error Codes P0303 and P1128. What to do with it and how much will it be to fix it. Thanks for your reply
Welcome to just answer!

P0303 is a fault for cylinder 3 misfire, usually caused by a faulty coil, spark plug wire, or the spark plug itself. P1128 is usually caused by a broken vacuum hose going from the fuel pressure regulator to the intake manifold and the most common issue for that fault is a faulty mass airflow sensor. The price for the coils is about $150.00, the price for the mass airflow is about $180.00, the price for a spark plug is about $5.00 a piece, and the price for spark plug wires are about $70.00. You are looking at about a total of $200.00 in labor.

I hope this helps! Please don't forget to hit the green accept button as this is the only way I get compensated by Just Answer for my time and knowledge!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what do you think of getting the parts from ebay or craigslist? I'm not able to spend too much money on this...
The spark plugs you can get from
eBay but the coil and mass air flow sensor I would buy from your auto parts store
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks a lot
No problem
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the mechanic just mentioned something about the timing could be off.... my little internet research on your response tell me he might be wrong... what you think?
Tell your mechanic he is incorrect