Danny
Danny, VW Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner
13195203

I have a vw passat 2000 with chek engine P0411

Customer Question

Category: VW
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.
Customer

Your car is a 1.8 turbo engine?

Danny
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I want to know how can I resolve the problem, the code reader say it's secondary air inyection sistem problem- incorrect flow
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.
If you want to resolve the problem you have to answer my questions.

Which engine is in your 2000 Passat?

Danny
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes the engine is 1.8 wolkswagen passat station wagon model 2000
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.
Ok cool, yes it's a secondary air injection fault. The way the system works is the pump under the front bumper blows air through the sec air kombi valve on the back of the head (number 1). There's a vacuum line that goes from that valve to an electric solenoid (number 10) that opens and allows vacuum to open valve number 1 so the pump can push air into the exhaust.

The most common cause of this fault is the vacuum line going from the valve number 1 to solenoid (10). So check that vacuum line as well as the vacuum line going from the valve to the intake manifold first. And let me know.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I has been trying to find that vacun hose going tothe solenoid but, even did not find the hose going to the solenoid and checking all vacun hoses I did not find any leaking.the check engine appear again. can you please be more specific with the location of the hose or tell me if Ihave to proced diferent.
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.
Did you locate the large valve bolted to the back of the cylinder head or no? Because that's the easiest to find.

http://www.unclench.org/gallery/d/3302-1/IMG_3240.JPG

You can see the valve poking up in the back of the motor in this picture. Remove and check that vacuum line.

Danny
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm not satisfy, but I will pay for your answer. thank for your time.
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.
You didn't have to pay for the answer if you aren't satisfied I don't know how to help you any further. You have to be able to locate a component to fix the car or you need to take it to a shop. I gave you factory repair manual information which is the best info you can get, AND I found a picture on the internet.