Danny, VW Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified with L1 Certification, Volkswagen Certified, VW and Audi repair shop owner

have 2000 vw jetta 2.0 need correct firing order to coil pack.

Customer Question

have 2000 vw jetta 2.0 need correct firing order to coil pack. coil pack has letters a.b.c.d.
picture would help
Category: VW
Expert:  Danny replied 6 years ago.

There's no picture in the manual but

A = Cylinder 1, B = Cylinder 2, C = Cylinder 3, D = Cylinder 4

Cylinder one is the closest to all the belts, cylinder 4 is the cylinder nearest the transmission.

Please remember to hit accept so the site will compensate me for my time.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

danny I called the local vw dealer in Murretta, Ca. and the tec told me the firing order was 1,3,4,2. and the it didn't matter what order to coil pack.

Expert:  Danny replied 6 years ago.
Ok, hook it up in whatever order you want then, but it won't run right. The information I pulled is from the official VW online repair manual.

It does matter it's a waste spark system that coil is actually 2 coils, not all four spark at the same time, 2 cylinders spark at the same time (but one has no fuel so it doesn't ignite) so it does have to be hooked up in the correct order.